Senior Air Quality Specialist
Permanent - Direct Hire
Al Khobar, Saudi Arbia
Petroplan is working with one of the world's leading consulting and engineering companies operating across the Energy sector. We recognise that achieving a sustainable future is one of the biggest challenges facing our generation and our client is looking to unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges. We are supporting them by recruiting for a Senior Air Quality Specialist to be based in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
Overview / Responsibilities
- Conduct technical analyses using advanced emissions and air quality models to address complex environmental problems and meet the research, regulatory, and litigation support needs of our clients
- Conduct air quality impact analyses that may involve the use of air dispersion modeling software (SCREEN3, AERMOD, CALPUFF, etc.)
- Visualize, analyse, and interpret model data and other environmental datasets
- Apply statistical methods to compare model results with observation data
- Prepare technical reports and communicate results to clients and other scientific researchers
- Estimating emissions and conducting engineering evaluations of air pollution sources
- Performing statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data
- Analysing pollution control measures
- Conducting air monitoring and indoor air quality analysis
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, and international environmental regulations
- Maintaining client relationships and managing the development of deliverables to meet client needs in an efficient manner
- Serving as the technical lead overseeing staff on complex projects
Skills / Qualifications
- A BS, MS, or PhD degree in the physical sciences, environmental sciences, or engineering
- 10 years of professional experience, preferably with an environmental consulting organization
- Strong computing skills including high level use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Strong written/verbal communication, problem-solving and organization skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding, interpreting, and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations
- Programming, database and GIS skills are preferred but not required
- Experience in air quality modeling (e.g., using SCREEN3, AERMOD, and/or CALPUFF)
- Experience in emissions modeling (e.g., using EPA MOVES)
- Experience in mobile source activity analysis (e.g., travel activity modeling)
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of atmospheric processes
- Experience with a data science and analysis platform (e.g., R and Python)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.