Senior Instrument Engineer
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Petroplan are supporting an EPC contractor In Saudi Arabia for their search with an Senior Instrument Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services in their Al - Khobar office.
- Develop specification and prepare material requisitions for control and safety systems, instruments, valves and all other instruments on assigned front end and detailed engineering projects
- Carry out instrument sizing calculations and verification checks
- Review and develop P&IDs for correctness in respect of control & safety requirements and instrumentation
- Prepare a project instrument index in accordance with the P&IDs
- Assist the designers with the preparation of cable block diagrams, cable routing, equipment layouts, termination drawings and schedules
- Review all C&I drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard
- Prepare technical bid analysis for C&I equipment
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with supplier as required
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier's Document Index
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents
- Review and approve supplier documents for instrumentation and distribute
- Attend site surveys and contribute to site survey reports
- Give support to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on C&I engineering matters. Review C&I aspects of package unit supplier's drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment
- Advise the Lead C&I Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action
- Advise the Lead C&I Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules
- Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work
- Assist the Lead C&I Engineer with the progress reports
- Follow up C&I construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation. Resolve any C&I problems arising during commissioning
- Keep abreast of development in the C&I engineering field
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Lead C&I Engineer
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in instrumentation and control engineering or similar
- 10 years of experience
- Technically astute and conversant with the lasted advances in technology
- Ability to deliver documentation that is technically correct to the required standard and schedule
- Ability to identify problems, determines possible solution, and actively works to resolve issues
- Experience with Smart plant Instrumentation software tools
- Possess good interpersonal skills with sound English written and oral communication skills
- Previous Aramco Project experience with major Engineering Contractor is preferred
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.