Position Title: Lead Electrical Engineer - HV Transmission
The incumbent is accountable for the basic and detailed engineering execution and field support for the HV Transmission - Primary electrical engineering scope being executed as part a green energy project. The HV Transmission system is part of a dedicated renewable energy system consisting of: In excess of 200km of 380kV Overhead Transmission Line
2200 MW Solar Farm
1275 MW Wind Farm
400 MWh BESS, 400MVAr STATCOM and Energy Management system to support the Green Hydrogen production facility being developed by the JV company. Our client is a JV partner and the overall EPC for the mega Project who has responsibility for executed engineering for the petrochemical plant and power elements scope of work.
> Experience of working with OEM's and EPC's on large scale renewable energy projects is preferred.
> Incumbent would be required to supervise the EPC activities for the full scope of execution with multiple pooling stations at 33kV and export at 380kV via OHL to the grid switching stations.
- During project development, establish strategies for electrical engineering and design - plus engineering field support. Review deliverables prepared by the EPC and the OEM, and assess any JV, strategic partners' or other third parties' scope to ensure alignment.
- Oversight and direction of all electrical engineering execution activities including safety in design, - on time on budget on quality, including the EPC and third party engineering companies including external consultants, JV owners engineer team and JV.
- Ensures effective technical and scope coordination with EPC, Clients or third-party representatives:
- Contributes to the review of JV specifications and procedures, preparation of deviation lists, and manages the review of EPC deliverables & vendor drawings related to assigned scope
- Ensure Compliance to the project specifications, standards, policies and process (client, AP, regulatory)
- Lead the internal and/or external problem-solving necessary to arrive at appropriate engineering decisions.
- Ensures all changes are managed in accordance with the project procedures
- Ensures that lessons learned for engineering are clearly identified, recorded and communicated.
- Perform Hold Point Checks (determine measures to be taken against risks, HSE requirements and savings potential) and Design and HSE Reviews and check and release essential documents for the next project phase (phase achievement).
- A minimum qualification of Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in primary engineering tasks including preparing layouts, elevations, equipment lists, SLDs,
- Experience in working with other disciplines such as Civil/ Structural and Environmental Engineers to design electrical installation
- Chartered Electrical Engineering status desirable.
- Experience of managing EPC contracts, Clients and Vendors.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.