Petroplan are recruiting for a Renewable Power Engineering Specialist to join our operator client in Saudi Arabia.
You will join their Renewable Project Development and Support Division within Power Systems department, performing due diligence, feasibility studies, site-specific engineering analysis, specific design reviews and the evaluation of energy requirements of residential, commercial, and industrial scales for the Operators facilities.
Your primary role will be to develop due diligence, feasibility studies including but not limited to long term master plans to address potential new installations, performance assessment, upgrades, replacements, retrofits, or demolitions to existing renewables systems and assets in different operating areas. Furthermore, economic analysis, standards development and thorough evaluation of different technologies and system design alternatives is a key required competency to recommend best investment decisions with maximum attainable Net Present Value (NPV).
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Develop long term master plans to address new solar PV systems installations as well as upgrades, replacements, retrofits, or demolitions to existing solar PV systems in different operating areas.
- Examine technical studies to align with project proposal procedures. Such studies include equipment reliability, condition assessment, obsolescence, standard compliance, etc.
- Work with multidisciplinary internal and external organizations to provide technical guidance and recommendations on design details and construction documents as necessary.
- Responsible for understanding the operational requirement, conducting site visits, site feasibility & renewables systems design and complete execution. Review technical project proposals, submittals and packages in line with international and standards.
- Design PV systems for industrial applications with different installation configurations (rooftop and ground mounted) including balance of systems design calculations, layouts and schematic diagrams.
- Support development and execution of different types and sizes of renewables projects and support services.
- Conduct renewables engineering studies to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems, resolve complex technical problems, increase revenue, optimize processes, protect the environment, or improve safety.
- Support project development team to prepare technical scope of work, cost estimation.
- You must have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Electrical or Renewable is preferred. A Masters degree is desirable.
- You should have a minimum of 10 years' EPC experience and project management experience in Solar PV and/or Concentrated solar. Three years' experience in energy storage technologies is required.
- PMP certification is also a requirement.
- You should have a strong technical concentration in Solar PV project infrastructure construction ranging from generation, transmission, system design and feasibility studies, grid interconnection and reliability or distribution either with utility or end-users.
- We also require solar PV experience including plant design, installation and commissioning, system interconnection, codes and standards.
- You should also have extensive experience on both grid interactive or standalone solar PV with energy storage systems design.
- Experience on the new artificial intelligence technologies such as Robotic Cleaner System is preferred.
- You will have experience with computerized Solar PV Systems analysis tools such as PVsyst, HOMER, AutoCAD PVGIS tools, power analyser/logger, IV curve tracing and battery tester.
- CEM certification and/or Professional Engineering (PE) certification is a plus.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.