Supply Chain Category Manager
We are seeking a Supply Chain Category Manager with experience of either Drilling Fluids, Rigs &/or Artificial List or Drilling & Completions to join our UR Supply Chain function.
Your primary role will be to implement the category management methodologies to support the UR operation. Through this role, you will play a central part in the development of category/sub-category demand forecasts, supply market analyses, and category management strategies. You will be responsible for implementing these strategies to maximize the total life cycle value obtained from the categories. In addition, you will lead supplier relationship management activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of demand forecasts and identify implications of such forecasts.
- In coordination with the conventional Materials Supply category management organization you will develop category management strategies for drilling and completions categories and sub-categories, considering both the internal UR requirements and supply market conditions, to maximize the total life cycle value delivered to UR business users. You will develop category workbooks and procurement strategies to be implemented over the next ten years and present these strategies to key stakeholders and management. You will also ensure that category strategies comply with legal requirements and company policies, value assurance frameworks and business principles.
- Prioritize strategic sourcing activities for the categories/sub-categories, and lead the execution of these activities (implementing the category strategies), including supply market engagement, preparation of RFP/RFX, evaluation of responses, negotiations, and development of strategic agreements.
- Develop segmented supplier relationship engagement models for suppliers, monitor supplier/category performance, and engage with suppliers to improve performance.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with major contractors and suppliers at top management level, leveraging such relationships with relevant markets to provide current and insightful market intelligence.
- Coordinate with UR business users, technical proponents, and other UR Supply Chain functions (such as tactical procurement and materials management) to ensure that the maximum value is obtained from the categories.
- Coordinate with category managers in the conventional Materials Supply organization, to ensure alignment of category strategies at the corporate level and a unified approach to market for strategic categories while utilizing your extensive knowledge and experience to ensure that UR implements a cost-efficient and effective category management function.
- As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a closely related field and a Masters would be desirable.
- You will have a minimum of 10 years of progressive field-based experience in the oil and gas industry with deep and extensive knowledge of either drilling fluids category management and commodities or drilling and completions category management and commodities.
- You will have experience working within unconventional resources and possess sound knowledge hydraulic fracking and understanding of Drilling Fluids, coring, mud logging, etc.
- You will also have knowledge of JD Edwards and SAP systems.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36724