Our client is looking for a Plant Operator Level 6 in Edmonton, AB.
This is a contract position until December 2020.
Shift Schedule: Rotating shift. Some nightshifts (this includes a nightshift premium)
OT expectations: approx. Up to 20 hours a week
- Loading and unloading trucks with asphalt or emulsified asphalt products
- Heating and unloading railcars of asphalt or other bulk liquids
- Operating and maintaining equipment including pumps, mills, forklifts, other mobile equipment.
- Receiving, shipping, storing, blending and heating asphalt, emulsion and chemicals used in manufacturing of emulsified asphalt
- Boiler supervision
- Production of emulsified asphalt products
- Order taking from customers
- Product handling including loading, unloading, heating and blending products
- Ensuring safe work practices and adhering to company policy and procedures including understanding and following rules and policies.
- Maintain personal training matrix and safety scorecard compliance
- Production of emulsified asphalt, includes preparing raw materials, milling and performing quality control checks
- Proper completion of inventory and shipping documentation
- Maintain all equipment in a proper and safe manner
Must have qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Power Engineering certificate to level of facility employed (3rd or 4th) Note that there is a steam ticket premium.
- 0-12 months minimum experience in manufacturing or industrial operations role
- Basic PC proficiency and proficiency with Word, Excel, E-mail and SAP
Nice to have qualifications
- Post-secondary education/training
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37012