Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The job holder is responsible for assisting in aspects of contract planning, contract strategy development and risk assessment, contractor pre-qualification, issue of invitation to tender, tender evaluation, contract award recommendation, post-contract administration and contract close-out.
Job holder's work will include, but is not restricted to;
- Pro-active interface and involvement with the C&P Manager, relevant Project Manager and project team, and provide advice and recommendation in response to category and project management information requests on day-to-day contractual and commercial information requests as they arise,
- Assist in formulation of category and contracting strategies and risk assessments to protect Company's commercial interests with regards to Company's contracted projects,
- Ensure compliance with Company's Contracts and Procurement policies & procedures,
- Identify potential bidders for goods and/or services required and prepare and execute contractor pre-qualification,
- Prepare and act as a focal point for all Invitation to Tender discussions including proposed contract terms and conditions based on Company's Master Agreements or LOGIC model contracts, including remuneration, scope of work and other contract sections,
- Prepare and undertake tender commercial evaluations post-receipt of tenders, draft and coordinate formal award recommendations and present to senior management,
- Prepare and attend meetings and protect Company's commercial interests, write minutes and distribute to attendees / interested parties,
- Review of all commercial matters and correspondence submitted by contractors and provide advice and recommendations to project management team on their response,
- Review of all variation requests submitted by contractors, process company variation orders or notices,
- Review Contractor's submitted claims, advise and make recommendations to all levels of Company management on their validity, processing and company response,
- Liaise with legal, insurance, finance, health safety and environment, quality management departments as required,
- Contract management; provide regular reports and updates to the project team, line manager and senior company management together with irregular reports as requested,
- Final account preparation and contract close out.
- All to be performed in accordance with, and to meet, appropriate company procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant engineering / technical / legal qualification
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the international oil and gas industry.
- It is essential that the candidate has pre and post contracts experience and extensive experience working for an operator.
- Candidate should have experience of EPIC construction, subsea infrastructure contracts. Competency / understanding of drilling and drilling services would be advantageous.
- Experienced in multi-discipline interaction and co-ordination.
- Capable of using all specific software.
- Eligible to work in the UK
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37008