Primary Purpose of the job
Supervises and provides direction on air quality, waste, water and endangered species management roles and responsibilities. Participates in strategic planning activities for environmental issues and develops fit for purpose environmental compliance programs.
The Sr. Environmental Engineer is responsible for supporting the Head of Environmental in relation to the environmental elements of the HESMS program including the protection of the environment in the workplace. Participates in activities relating to environmental issues resulting in continuous measurable improvement and implementation of fit-for-purpose environmental compliance programs.
- Office based position supported by field visits, interacting with all company departments and contractors to perform work in conformance with HSEQ policies, procedures and industry good practice.
- Execution of role may include travel to contractors / suppliers / fabrication yards / field construction sites.
- Support Management in the development of HSEQ MS within the IMS documents and coordinate system(s) development cross-functionally
- Establishes and maintains the Environmental Aspects within the HSE Risk Register
- Develops, records and publishes KPIs including audit findings and compliance assessment relating to HSEQMS to identify patterns in performance and / or recommend improvement of HSEQMS
- Provides environmental permitting support for proposed development projects
- Ensures the management and implementation of a Comprehensive Environmental Management Program Environmental Plan (Manual), Waste management, Oil Spill, HAZCOM
- Identifies environmental issues/concerns and develops environmental plans and requirements
- Leads development of annual environmental-related goals.
- Leads internal and external assessments (self-assessments, disposal sites and commercial laboratories, etc)
- Conducts investigations into HSEQ MS failures
- Establishes Environmental HSE system training programs to ensure that all staff are aware of requirements
- Reports environmental performance to Management
- Support compliance with HES requirements, maintaining environmental permits, coordinating Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Data collection for emissions inventory reporting, reporting of any spills, Tracking and reporting of ozone depleting substances
- Assisting with implementation of an oil/chemical spill response plan.
- Coordinating the sampling, monitoring and reporting on environmental parameters of water and soils as applicable.
- Checking compliance with permit conditions, including produced water disposal
- Be familiar with local regulations and laws relating to Environmental Protection and be in compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Environment or Science
- Post Graduate Degree in Environment is a Plus
- Broad knowledge of HSE laws & regulations
- Broad knowledge of Environmental aspects within offshore Oil and Gas
- Broad Knowledge of MS Standards
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent presentation skills with multi-discipline background
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills.
- 15 years of total experience
- 5 years as E / HSE supervisory position or consultant / auditor / tutor internally or working for a consultancy / audit firm
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34894