OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Senior Project Engineer provides engineering skills to projects, tendering activities, engineering studies, vessels & equipment and/or offshore engineering processes. Compliance with and delivery against project plans, relevant engineering standards and contractual obligations is required. The Engineer will usually work as part of a team and may also be required to provide information and engineering guidance to other functions within the business. Work may be carried out onshore, onsite or offshore, therefore there is a requirement to go offshore with this position.
- Previous experience of working on similar IRM and Subsea Construction projects is essential.
- Ability to function within a team across multiple projects.
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time and change control accordingly
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Assist and guide the development of project-specific procedures for the implementation of work to be carried out by onshore & offshore personnel in accordance with minimum standards.
- Be involved as required in HAZID studies, SRA (isolation and barriers) & TRA's of tasks detailed in the procedures. This includes liaising directly with clients and subcontractors.
- Be accountable for designing, checking and/or supervising the design of installation aids and other equipment required for use offshore or for use onshore in preparation for offshore activities.
- Carry out the supervision of this through to fabrication and delivery, ensuring that the company's quality procedures and relevant codes/standards are applied wherever applicable. Ensure ITP witness and hold points are managed in accordance with the overall project Quality Plan and / or processes.
- Witness directly or liaise with Inspectors to ensure that suitable contractual activities such as load test, trial fits, are being carried out in accordance with minimum requirements.
- Be accountable for the preparation/performance or supervision of any engineering analysis of tasks relating to installation, to ensure the structural/operational integrity of the equipment during installation.
- Select suitable equipment to perform operational tasks offshore, checking all aspects of the equipment to ensure it is operated safely and efficiently with suitable certification provided to meet statutory regulations. Also liaise with vessel departments and third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose and fully compatible with offshore worksite.
- Provide assistance in the co-ordination/compilation of as-built material and commercial aspects of contractual variations from site/fabricators and offshore.
- Assist commercial department as required, in reviewing documentation or during bid activities.
- Supervise, assist and guide graduates/junior engineers.
- Assist in the mobilisation/demobilisation of vessels to ensure that all equipment is handled in the correct manner and everyone involved is aware of all safety and technical aspects of the mob/demob.
- Provide all necessary technical briefings to offshore personnel ensuring that the overall working and safety philosophy of the project is fully understood by offshore personnel
- It is desirable for candidates to be Degree qualified in an engineering discipline, however demonstrable industry experience is equally valid in conjunction with at least an HND level engineering qualification.
- Ability to meet the requirements of Offshore Medical and survival certificates are essential
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36854