The role is designed to give responsibility to an individual trader in the regional trading team, to lead the day-to-day business, as well as business development and growth in the core and growth products. The job holder is required to work with the Line Manager to expand trading function and weekly business meetings with the Line Manager and trading team will be initiated to give a formal forum of discussion considering the status and improvement measures to be done.
The incumbent will work closely with the client group's Technical, Credit and Finance departments, to ensure efficient handling of claims and payments, and in optimizing operations. As part of the regional integration with the Group, the individual will be required to participate in business development within the region.
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities for the role are listed below:
* Solicit and actively seek new enquiries from existing customers, obtaining credit limits through the company process, namely in agreement from the Group Credit Manager.
* Execution of trade deals with optimized margin from enquiry stage, negotiation, closing the deal, deal confirmation and monitoring the deliveries.
* Business development by adding the new customers and / or broadening activities with existing customers. Communicate with management regarding developments on new or existing customers/suppliers.
* Follow up on payments with customers.
* Dissemination of market intelligence to the wider Group to generate business opportunities.
* Communicate with management and supply team regarding developments on new or existing customers.
* Maintaining / providing the up to date information on prices, movement and availabilities.
* Use of VISTA to ensure the proper documentation of all trades.
* As part of the local team achieve the budget and performance KPIs whilst acting professionally and following the Group's values and principles at all times.
* Assist fellow team members as and when required, under direction of Line Manager.
* Propose and investigate in conjunction with Projects as and when required.
* Develop and initiate internal marketing for the region.
* Adherence to all Group's policies, processes, procedures, systems, Employee Handbook and relevant legislation - quality assurance, resolving queries / discrepancies.
This list is non-exhaustive and the role holder may be required to undertake additional duties that are not specifically listed above. Integrity within the role is imperative, and the employee must comply with company policies and procedures at all times.
Territory & scope: Singapore & South-East Asia.
Required education & skills:
English - Written & Verbal (Fluent).
Bachelor's degree / Minimum MBO Diploma
Previous proven experience in bunker re-selling - min 3 years
Understanding of the oil re-selling industry, in-depth product knowledge
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH35109