- An Engineering Associates degree or Higher National Certificate or a High School/Secondary School education with at least five years of experience in the design and application of engineered offshore drilling and production equipment.
- Previous experience working for a major subsea equipment supplier.
- Accomplishments should include having a basic understanding of engineering procedures and general manufacturing processes for oil field equipment.
- Must be competent in 2D and 3D CAD applications. SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Design experience related to subsea trees required. Experience with other subsea product lines including connectors, wellheads, and valves preferred.
- Working knowledge of API 6A, 17D is required, working knowledge of API 17TR8 is preferred.
- Candidate will be required to interface with a multi-disciplinary engineering team and provide results against agreed technical objectives and development timelines.
- Will be required to support development of design specifications, detailed equipment layouts, test fixture layouts, design calculation packages, test procedures, and test reports.
- Capable of reviewing and approving detailed designs generated by others and providing feedback to improve designs as needed. Attend project meetings and provide update on status and critical issues within his/her team.
- Position will need to support drafting tasks at times depending on team workload. Primary responsibility will be design related work.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30651