Construction Manager - Wind Farm Projects
Petroplan are pleased to be recruiting for a Construction Manager for a Wind farm project near Middleburg.
Location: near Middleburg, SA
Reporting line: Cluster project manager
The successful candidate will manage renewable construction contracts on-site, liaising with the Cluster Project Manager, client, sub-contractors, landowners and other affected parties, coordinating all aspects of the works so that the project is completed in line with the EPC contract requirements, within budget and on time.
Have a commercial understanding of the project, advising and implementing cost savings at all times, and represent the company in a professional and proactive manner in all dealings with those associated with, and affected by, the project.
- Control and implementation of all legal and site specific S.H.E. policies. This includes safety registers, equipment registers, NOSA requirements, incident reporting, disciplinary hearings, adjudication of skills and competency of manpower utilized, monthly (reportable) safety audits etc. .
- Daily reporting, via Daily Diaries, to the project manager and client, of the previous days progress
- Compiling of all statistics required by the client i.e. project percentage complete, manpower and equipment (present / projected) statistics etc.
- Supporting the site engineers with compliance to drawing detail, quality of work and methods utilized by subcontractors
- Monitoring of all site generated expenditure
- Fault finding, rectification procedures and identification of any out of scope material / manufactured items etc.
- Quantifying any sub-contractor costs linked to claims; Qualifying / quantifying the milestone invoicing to the client
- Communicate effectively at all times with the client, client's representative, project manager, project engineers, subcontractor personnel, local authorities, residents and all persons affected by the project, representing the company with professionalism, integrity and honesty.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for site attendance, site induction, tool box talks, accidents, goods received, weekly site records, site safety inspections, plant register records, scaffold report records and all staff related forms / administration.
- Responsible for preparing and managing the budget, control and being responsible for the budget.
- Supplier selection, subcontractor contract negotiation, subcontractor management and control, subcontract issues handling, schedule confirmation, payment review and process confirmation.
- Relevant Degree (Engineering Management)
- Extremely organized and efficient individual
- Work well under pressure and have impressive stress management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proclivity for catching errors and enacting appropriate changes
- Excellent analytical ability
- Industry specific experience
- Clear Criminal record
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.