Petroplan are pleased to be working alongside an international solar technology manufacturer in Murcia, who are seeking an experienced Delivery engineer.
The Delivery Engineer will oversee the technical delivery and commissioning processes for our client. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project design and commissioning. The role will provide technical support to sales and business development internally. The primary focus of the role will be to support customers with technical design and specification, training, installation, and commissioning.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that all necessary technical information is gathered, all technical queries are answered, all sales technical documentation is up to date and available.
- Provide technical support to the Sales and Business Development teams through project design and engineering (electrical, anchoring, communications, monitoring).
- Ensure that the scope of supply for each sale is complete and understood by the customer, and all required items to install an operational plant has been considered.
- Ensure tools required for installation are understood, specified and available to customer.
- Work closely with the product manager to ensure all manuals and product documentation are complete and available.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure all product technical requirements are understood and fulfilled internally and by the customer.
- Provide training and installation support, including preparing site layout drawings, reviewing tools and equipment checklists, and providing onsite installation support from CE technicians and engineers.
- Coordinate anchoring pre-work, including planning with the customer, anchor testing, ordering anchors and tools, and creating an anchoring operations plan.
- Manage the installation and commissioning process and understanding the customer plan (including planning crane and truck operations, moving trackers to site and placing them in the final location, completing commissioning requests, and performing electrical works installation and commissioning )
- Support and/or deliver installation training to customers
- Processing and resolving customer requests/complaints/issues
- Provide installation supervision & commissioning assistance to customers on site or remotely
- Ensure all required commissioning information is collected and ready for commissioning.
- Resolve technical issues during installation, commissioning and operation
- Collect and analyse installation metrics.
- Create installation support documentation: Installation checklists, Installation and repair procedures, Project Bill of Materials
- Management of non-conformances - coordinating:
- Quality investigations
- Manufacturing requirements
- Engineering requirements
- Customer project managers
- Support during repairs
- Resolving technical queries from customers and sales
Internal and external relationships
This role will require extensive interaction between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor in Engineering (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical)
- Installation and commissioning of solar plants (required)
- Experience installing/designing solar tracking plants (preferred)
- Solar plant design experience
- Understanding of the operations and maintenance of solar plants
- CAD design (preferred)
- Strong communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and manage cross-functional teams
- 35% travel to project sites as required.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.