Primary purpose of job
Collaborating with multi-disciplinary project teams and peers to provide geophysical support for all exploration activities and studies across our International non-operated assets.
Activities will include new venture opportunity screening, prospect & lead evaluation, drilling preparation & monitoring and seismic studies to both QA operators work and to provide technical recommendations for venture decisions and management approval.
Additional responsibilities include JV Asset Coordination and representation of the company in all technical meetings fostering communication and knowledge exchange, and providing support for improvement to the assets/regions assigned.
Experience & Skills
* Oil/gas finder with 10 years experience as geophysical explorer in international oil companies.
* Proven track record of prospect maturation and risking.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, projects and ventures.
* A keen explorer who enjoys working within a close team of professionals to mature exploration projects and provide clear recommendations for the company and JV.
* An ability to enthuse the team and to mentor younger staff as well as to reach across different disciplines.
* Should have demonstrable experience in oil and natural gas exploration and development projects in a wide range of sedimentary basins and tectonic settings globally, pre and post salt basins, basin and play led exploration from inception to prospect generation and drill-ready well locations.
* Must be able to work in a non-operated capacity demonstrating communication skills fundamental to preserving credibility and influencing our operating JV partners.
* Should be abreast of the latest technological advancements in the industry.
* M.Sc. in a core Geoscience subject as a minimum
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37768