Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Collaborate with team members in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Develop, support, and integrate applications utilizing best practices
- Adhere to Agile development principles
- Assist with determining appropriate technologies for future endeavors
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 7 years of overall applications programming experience
- Experience with WCF and WebApi web services
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server, GIT, or other source control software
- Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the general application development landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- Multiple versions of .Net framework
- SQL Server
- Web Service creation and consumption
- Object Oriented Design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Working knowledge of Python, Esri ArcGIS Online, and Portal
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Self-motivated and directed
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in oil & gas midstream applications is a plus.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36492