Our client, a leading owner/operator Oil & Gas organization is looking to add an EH&S Advisor to their team for a 6 month independent contract. This position is based in St. John's, NL.
The position will report to the Environment and Regulatory Team Lead, and will provide environment, health and safety support to the organization's East Coast Operations. Programs that the individual will be involved in include environmental protection planning, chemical management and compliance monitoring.
- Evaluate and screen chemicals to be used on all offshore operated
facilities, including management of safety data sheets.
- Support environment, health and safety programs and the regulatory approval
process for offshore production, drilling and exploration activities.
- Support regulatory and corporate environmental reporting requirements.
- Participate in the review of proposed environmental regulations, determine implications for the organization's operations and develop company responses.
- Post Secondary degree in Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working with the Oil & Gas Industry as an EHS Advisor
- Knowledge of WHMIS and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
- Experience working in the marine environment and knowledge of offshore oil and gas environmental issues.
- Knowledge of regulatory and corporate environmental reporting requirements would be an asset, including GHGs and NPRI.
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change.
- Effective communication capabilities with strong facilitation skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34161