Our client, my client, a large owner/operator Oil & Gas organization is looking to add a HSEQ Advisor to their team for a 1 year independent contract with a high possibility of extension. Based in St. John's, NL regularly, with a few occasional offshore trips.
Reporting directly to the HSEQ Manager, this Individual is responsible to coordinate the Operations Readiness and Assurance activities in the areas of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Activities and documentation requirements necessary to ensure safe and efficient start up and ongoing operations.
* Responsible for the creation of key HSE management documentation, including the safety plan and any other safe work practices
* Develop new Platform-specific safety documentation to support the Safety Plan
* Revise existing or other HSE documentation
* Responsible for development of a platform specific hygiene plan in consultation with the corporate hygienist that includes creation of a Qualitative Health Hazard Assessment (QHHA).
* Establish and implement the Permit to Work System with Pre-job planning
* Procure any health and safety monitoring equipment, i.e. gas monitors, medical supplies, loose lifting gear, personal protective equipment etc.
* Implement a process for the management of non-standard operations including control of overrides and risk mitigation for equipment out of service (NOPRAS and SSIM)
* Develop an inspection and audit plan for the platform
* Will be the liaison between HSEQ Operations and the Project group
* Implement a Behavioral Based and Hazard IS System
* Post-Secondary education in Safety Engineering Technology or similar
* Be able to complete the Medical Assessment and required training for offshore trips
* Ability to conduct incident investigation
* 10 years of experience working in a HSEQ role, including direct responsibility for the administration of Health, Safety, and Environment management programs for the offshore or marine industry
* Experience supporting HSEQ in the Production/Drilling industry
* Ability to conduct audits of suppliers and contractors to various management system standards (ISM, ISO 9000 series, ISO 1400 series, etc.)
* Desire and ability to maintain professional competence through continued education and training development
* Ability to work well with others and show leadership when necessary
* Excellent computer skills and proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Professional safety designation such as CRSP, CSP, ROH, or ROHT is highly desirable
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33117