Our client, a leading owner/operator Oil & Gas organization is looking to add a Senior Environmental Assessment Advisor to their team for a long term independent contract (expected duration of 3 years). This position will be based in the St. John's office.
This position will report to the Environment and Regulatory Team Lead, and will provide environmental and regulatory support the organization's East Coast Operations. The primary responsibility for this individual will be to coordinate the environmental assessment process as required by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act for the organization's proposed exploration drilling program.
- Coordinate the environmental assessment of the proposed exploration drilling program
- Manage environmental programs and support the regulatory approval process for offshore production, drilling and exploration activities.
- Participate in the review of proposed environmental regulations, determine implications for the organization's operations and develop company responses
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change.
- Experience conducting and managing environmental assessments of offshore exploration drilling projects in Canada
- Minimum of ten years of experience focusing on environmental assessment.
- Completion of a Master's degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Experience working within the Oil & Gas Industry on simillair offshore projects.
- Strong project management experience.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34160