Reporting to the M, E & I team lead, the E&I Engineer will provide engineering support to the reliability engineering team as outlined in the responsibilities section outline below. The E&I Engineer ensures assigned scope of work are evaluated using a questioning attitude to ensure the work is effectively completed in line with expectation of the task and the M, E and I team lead.
- Degree in Engineering and Professional Engineering designation with minimum 5 years related experience in the Petro-Chemical/Oil and Gas business.
- Experience in electrical safety, power generation/distribution, small power equipment, heat trace and electric motors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial process instrumentation, fire and gas detection equipment, metering systems, safety instrumented systems, hazardous locations and control valves.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental, safety and loss prevention process and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management processes including risk assessment and risk mitigation planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management, and the ability to lead through influence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices, standards, rules and regulations.
- Planning, communication (presentation and technical writing), and continuous improvement/engineering skills required to deliver overall value; and
- Computer fluent MS/Office and experience with SAP.
- Written communications clarity.
- Work prioritization skills.
- Familiarity with East Coast offshore regulatory environment; and
- Computer skills - MS Office.
- Provide technical support on electrical and instrumentation issues as required including Process Hazard Assessments (PHA);
- Maintain FPSO electrical and instrumentation discipline documents;
- Provide technical support and input to project and life of field teams on electrical and instrumentation issues, including project design reviews, technical specifications, and equipment selection.
- Create and update material masters for electrical and instrumentation equipment, material and components for the FPSO.
- Create and develop monthly Safety and Environmental Critical (SEC) reports.
- Responsible for management of Terra Nova Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS);
Support Regulatory Query Form (RQF) development and regulatory queries/observations in cooperation with Operations support group.
- Resolve electrical and instrumentation related Technical Queries (TQs) and develop Change Requests (CRs) as required, ensuring adherence to the Management of Change process.
- Drive continuous improvement in performance and carry out commercial support e.g., contract adherence, PM02 generation, and invoice verification.
- Work with the maintenance engineering, equipment strategy and reliability teams to execute and optimize planned maintenance strategies of electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Support M, E and I lead in planning, prioritization and execution of work-scopes.
- Provides technical advice, and mentoring to other engineers including students and contractors.
- Provides guidance to Operations / Electrical and instrumentation maintenance personnel as required; and
- Makes recommendations that affect safety and production on the FPSO.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.