Our client is looking for a Senior Communications Contractor in St.John.
Contract: Until 31 Dec, 2020
Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
Occasional travel between operating locations may be expected
As a senior communications contractor, you will be responsible for providing expert communication counsel in support of the asset life extension project. This senior communications role will primarily support both internal and external functions, enabling project communications through to project completion. It may also involve additional project support for UK/Norway business.
- Provide strategic counsel and tactical communications support: evaluate opportunities, develop recommendations and deliver collateral across a variety of communication platforms
- Collaborate with business leaders, functional experts and members Oof the communications team to engage and align stakeholder groups
- Advise business leaders and communications partners on key East Coast business issues and risks, helping to navigate reputational challenges
- Provide timely support to the business during emergencies or critical events including initial response for issues management
Education and Experience:
- More than ten years of experience in communications, preferably within a corporate communications setting
- Experience as a trusted and essential communication consultant to internal or external client groups
- Experience with issues and reputation management
- Experience in the oil and gas industry - including joint-venture operations - is an asset
- University degree or related post-secondary diploma/certificate in Communications, Public Relations, Business or associated field
Skills and Knowledge:
- Superior communications skills, including planning, research, writing (print and web), editing and measurement
- Strong individual performer - strong consultation, negotiation, relationship building and problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills and team player, who knows how to engage diverse interests and build internal and external coalitions
- Demonstrated ability to carry unstructured projects to completion within a changing environment, and work successfully with different types of people at many organizational levels
- Able to manage client expectations and develop great partnerships, while managing priorities
- A background or familiarity with both change and reputation management is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Alignment with company's values: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36347