Environment and Regulatory Advisor
- Manage environmental programs and support the regulatory approval process for offshore production, drilling and exploration activities.
- Support regulatory and corporate environmental reporting requirements
- Evaluate and screen chemicals to be used on all offshore operated Facilities, including management of safety data sheets
- Participate in the review of proposed environmental regulations, determine implications for operations and develop company responses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Master's degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working with an oil and gas company as an Environmental Advisor in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Experience working in the marine environment and knowledge of offshore oil and gas environmental issues.
- Knowledge of WHMIS 2015 and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
- Knowledge of regulatory and corporate environmental reporting requirements would be an asset, including GHGs and NPRI.
- Knowledge of the environmental assessment process.
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change.
- Cross discipline knowledge.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary integrated team environment.
- Effective communication capabilities with strong facilitation skills.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships and manage conflict.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33831