Our client, a leading Oil & Gas owner/operator organization is looking to a Concrete Gravity Structure Project Controls Coordinator to their St. John's office. This is a 1 year independent contract to start with regular travel to Argentia.
The CGS Project Services Coordinator will support the Project Service Manager by actively managing, analyzing and reporting on all aspects related to cost, schedule, project accounting, change management, long range planning and document control activities for CGS Construction in Argentia. This individual will support and take day to day direction from the CGS Project Director and will require extensive collaboration with major contractors.
* Oversee all planning and scheduling activities, progress verification, analysis and project reporting in alignment with established project procedures and guidelines;
* High-level understanding of Project Management methodologies and Project Controls.
* Review, analyze and report on project metrics as required and advise the Project Director and Project Services Manager of discrepancies or issues,
* Prepare stewardship reports and presentations for Project Stakeholders
* Provide analysis and guidance to project management on matters relating to project controls.
* Manage and lead the CGS project controls team
* Coordinate a wide range of activities required to develop and maintain cost, progress, schedule and financial information
* Ensure the proper maintenance, administration and integration of project schedules and estimates
* Define and communicate cost and schedule trends and quantify cost and schedule impacts.
* Co-ordination and day-to-day management of the project controls function
* Completing ad hoc projects and performing necessary off-site tasks as required to ensure overall project success.
* Ensuring the project controls function is delivering effective service to the project team
* University degree or technical diploma in engineering or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
* 10 - 15 years of major project exposure within the Oil & Gas / Energy Industry
* Proven and demonstrated leadership skillset in a large project organization
* In-depth and proven knowledge of project planning, cost control, progress tracking and measurement and change management processes and assessment
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
* Heavy industrial or offshore related project controls experience is desirable
* Association with PMI or AACEI considered an asset
* Professional Engineer (P.Eng) is an asset
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34679