Subsea Hardware Engineer - Atlantice Region
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week
Safety Sensitive checks: offshore medical, driver's abstract, Drug & Alcohol
Travel: maybe required
Our client is currently looking for a Subsea Hardware Engineer to join the Atlantic Region Operations Subsea Team. The Subsea Hardware Engineer is responsible for supporting the Subsea Equipment & Services team's objectives to progress wells through the well planning process, including rigid spool design and fabrication management, managing spare equipment orders, and supporting the Subsea Operations team in technical reviews and troubleshooting. This also includes managing local fabrication scopes and witnessing equipment testing.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Witnessing Subsea equipment testing.
* Evaluating technical queries and MOCs from contractors and other departments.
* Providing technical input into and management of operational spares orders.
* Completing engineering studies and/or overseeing 3rd party studies for Subsea equipment - integrity, life extension, brownfield reviews, optimizations, etc..
* Management of local service contractor. Includes oversight of equipment preparation, shop and engineering work scope planning, timesheet approval and goods receipt of materials.
* Assisting with engineering and fabrication of rigid spools and providing support as necessary.
* Managing local fabrication scopes as needed (i.e. wet park frames, pressure caps, new splitters/structures, etc.).
* Supporting Subsea Operations team with operational / ad-hoc challenges.
* Participating in the well design process and generating or coordinating generation of Subsea documentation (detailed engineering) for wells, such as long lead equipment design envelopes, Subsea design basis, identification, definition and evaluation of well options - controls studies, ROV access studies, flow assurance, software, equipment specifications (i.e. new SDU or GLSM), detailed design documents for equipment - drawings, specs, BOMs, QPs, ITPs, etc..
* Participating in the Emergency Response Team through an on-call role on a rotating basis.
* Travel offshore on Subsea intervention vessel may be required.
Must Have qualifications:
* Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
* Member in good standing or eligible for registration with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
* Minimum of 5 years' engineering experience.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Nice to have qualifications:
* Experience with contract/contractor management.
* Experience with subsea equipment and testing.
* Offshore experience on an installation or intervention vessel
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36300