Junior Credit Controller
We are looking to recruit a recent graduate or passionate Junior Credit Controller within our finance department.
Petroplan is a truly global business and has been running for the past 43 years. Based in our Guildford office, this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a diverse, multinational and sociable team.
This role will involve carrying out day to day Credit Control duties, collecting cash on the worldwide debtor's ledger, across multiple currencies. You will also manage reporting and reconciling key accounts.
You will receive training and development from an experienced credit controller and quickly have responsibility for your own accounts.
Role Responsibilities and duties:
- Proactively manage debt collection for a worldwide multi-currency ledger
- Issue monthly statements and copy invoices where necessary
- Resolution of queries to facilitate payments from customers to bring payment into line with terms
- Liaise & communicate with internal departments as required in order to maintain an accurate position on customer accounts
- Prioritise and manage challenging workload whilst maintaining a high level of customer service and identify accounts that will require special attention
- Maintaining the query log daily - Assist the P&R team in reducing the number of queries, by spotting trends and improving areas of weakness.
- Maintaining the unallocated cash on both the Supplier/Customer accounts
Qualification skills & experience:
- Degree educated is desirable (Finance related)
- A collaborative and positive attitude
- Good numerical skills
- Strong compliance and control mentality
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Some experience with sales ledgers & credit control is desirable but attitude is the most important
If you are interested in this role, we would love to speak to you. Please email your CV to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Petroplan Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref No: BBBH358