An exciting opportunity has arisen with a niche global energy recruitment specialist who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to support the Finance team.
Petroplan is an expanding company specializing in the recruitment of highly skilled professionals to the oil, gas and energy industry. We operate across six continents via several legal entitles and trade in multi currencies.
Although this role reports into the Group Financial Controller approximately 40% of their time will be spent supporting the Head of Commercial Finance with contractor payment issues, invoicing queries, month end margin analysis and master data monitoring.
Please be aware that for the position of Accounts Assistant:
- Applicants must currently be living in the Guildford area / surrounds
- Sponsorship is not available so applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship!
Accounts Assistant Job Description
- Preparation and submission of the entity VAT (Sales Tax) returns.
- Compile and submit the National statistics and Intermediaries reports.
- Month end balance sheet postings and reconciliations
- Asset verification and Fixed Asset depreciation
- Overhead reporting.
- Preparing and uploading journal entries
- Validate new Account Payable suppliers in Dimensions and Bullhorn
- Support banking team by providing back up for the bi-weekly payment runs
- Other banking / treasury tasks
Commercial Finance Tasks
- Prepare the month end margin reports for designated teams and post correcting journals as appropriate
- Close liaison with the Payroll & Revenue team.
- Ad hoc commercial Finance tasks
Accounts Assistant Job Requirements
Essential - if you do not fulfil these requirements, you will not be considered for the position:
- Experience of working in a Finance Department or an interest in working within Finance
- Good systems knowledge (Access Dimensions experience would be an advantage)
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational and administrative
- A flexible and adaptable workstyle
- Numerate with a good attention to detail
Benefits for the Accounts Assistant role.
- On offer is an attractive base salary
- Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international service company
Please send your CV to [email protected]
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Petroplan Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref No: BBBH312