Position: Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Start Date: ASAP
Are you ACCA or ACA qualified, looking for your first move out of audit practice and move to industry ? Read on!
Petroplan is an international oil, gas and energy recruitment specialist operating in over 40 countries. We have regional offices in the UK, US, Middle East, Sub Saharan Africa and Canada. We currently employ c.100 people globally.
This is a permanent role reporting to the Group Financial Controller and is based at our head office in Guildford.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Group and subsidiary level month end reporting
- Prepare and control all balance sheet reconciliations, including fixed assets, inter-company balances, debtors, bank, creditors (including payroll)
- Statutory reporting & audit on a global basis, including preparation of subsidiary and group consolidated statutory accounts (foreign currency translations, inter-company eliminations, management fees, royalties)
- Liaising with external auditors on all audit issues to include planning, on site audit work (schedules), completion and sign off
- Implementation of process improvements and controls as identified internally and from external auditors
- Create efficient methods and models for accounting and financial record-keeping
- Work closely with management accounts team on reporting issues, technical updates
- Ad hoc financial tasks /projects
You will ideally have:
- ACA or ACCA qualification
- Statutory accounts preparation (group consolidations) and technically strong (audit background an advantage)
- International experience preferred (foreign exchange reporting, transfer pricing)
- Excellent excel skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Experience of Caseware would be beneficial
- Both Blue Chip and SME experience desired
- Strong academic record
If you are interested in this role, we would love to speak to you. Please email your CV to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Petroplan Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Ref No: BBBH336