Lead Electrical Engineer
Contract (Inside IR35)
An Electrical Engineer is required to join the Offshore East Engineering Team to support projects in Azerbaijan. The role will be working on the client side, and will be primarily based in the contractor's office in Surrey.
The Lead Electrical Engineer will oversee all aspects of Electrical Engineering Specification, Design and Implementation.
The Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for providing assurance of the EPC Contractor Electrical Engineering deliverables, during the Optimise, Define and Execute Phases of Projects.
The position will provide technical guidance and assurance to the Project, ensuring safe, consistent and cost effective application of Project and regulatory codes and standards and good engineering practice.
The role requires the successful candidate to:
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant codes, standards, and regulations that pertain to the design of Electrical Systems included on the facility.
- Consults Electrical ETA on technical issues and ensures ETA remains aligned with proposed designs.
- Provide technical input to risk assessments, Management of Change reviews, and project reviews
- Evaluate requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and standards
- Assurance of Contractor key deliverables in terms of quality and compliance with BoD.
- Single point of contact for the Electrical discipline.
- Assuring compliance with the relevant Project specifications and ETPs. Input to the Project Codes and Standards BOD.
- Oversight of performance of contractor against agreed scope, manpower and schedule for discipline scope.
- Own and drive completion of specific multi discipline areas, including ensuring input from other disciplines as required.
- Input to key decisions (all disciplines), with ownership of all Electrical related decisions.
- Responsible for input to the preparation of electrical procurement - specifications, quality assurance, criticality ratings and performance management of the contractor.
- Accountable for ensuring issues and the discipline scope is managed, ahead of formal project reviews such as PHSSERs.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Demonstrable experience in relevant discipline engineering position.
- Deep discipline expertise with good track record of multi discipline integration
- Experience working in a discipline leadership role, managing contractor performance.
- Experience of EPC environment on major Projects.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Must have strong general experience with Electrical system design and procurement.
- Pragmatic decision maker, willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered
- Track record of delivery and able to demonstrate effective project technical management and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team, Contractors and projects leadership.
- Understanding and context of company Specifications for Electrical equipment.
- Experience of design and implementation of Electrical power generation.
- Experience of design and implementation of electrical distribution systems.
- Experience in working in FEED & Detailed Design stages of a Project.
- Experience working under a range of Contracting models (reimbursable, lump sum, etc)
- Actively engages and respects contributions of others.
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them.
- Site construction & commissioning experience
- Flexibility to take on wider project roles as needed.
- Experience of design and implementation of power management systems (PMS) and electrical data monitoring and control systems (EDMCS)
- Experience of design and implementation of power generation and electrical distribution.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.