Lead Electrical Engineer
Main Tasks and Responsibilities;
- Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager and leading the electrical scope on large megaprojects and proposals executed in the EMEA region.
- Development of electrical single lines and power distribution systems for complex facilities
- Performing electrical system studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, and arc flash
- Specifying and purchasing key electrical equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgears, transformers, VFD's, UPS systems, DC systems, harmonic filters, STATCOMS etc.
- Specifying and procuring large induction and synchronous motors and starting systems including reduced voltage autotransformers, reactor start, electronic soft-start/VFD/LCI, etc.
- Supervision of a team of Engineers on a project, plus mentoring junior Engineers within the team
- Assigning tasks to the Electrical Design teams, providing supervision and technical expertise to ensure delivery against time and quality constraints.
- Providing technical input to the ongoing development of company electrical design standards
- Liaising with existing suppliers and outsourcing partners, seeking additional partners to add value to AP and customer projects.
- Defining execution models for electrical engineering scope, monitoring performance and developing improved processes where appropriate based on lessons learned.
- An Electrical Engineering degree plus Chartered Engineer status, or actively pursuing Chartered status.
- Proven experience in electrical power engineering in a design function within the process design industry
- Good experience in a supervisory position with budget responsibility
- Good understanding of large motors (induction and synchronous) in the range of 1-10MW. Experience with larger motors (10MW up).
- Experience in specification and procurement of low, medium and high voltage Switchgear, Power transformers and Power electronics (LCI's, VSD's and Thyristor Controllers)
- An ability to work with software packages for analysis of power systems (e.g. SKM Powertools or ETAP)
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.