Petroplan have a great opportunity for a senior LNG professional, with a demonstrated history of covering major LNG projects to take up the position of LNG Program Director for a well-respected EPC client of ours within the Oil & Gas industry, based in Surrey.
The successful candidate will be responsible for technical and commercial delivery of projects within LNG Project Portfolio. You will report to the Director of Projects to deliver FEED and Detailed Design projects across the LNG value chain.
The candidate will have a strong track record of technical and commercial roles on LNG projects; preferably in both greenfield/grassroots and brownfield environments. Typical assignments will be leadership roles on single large project (such as a detailed design or grassroots FEED) or portfolio of smaller projects (single or multiple clients).
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable DOE plus benefits
Key responsibilities to include:
- Assuring safe project execution to the client's satisfaction, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements while maintaining bottom line responsibility for financial success.
- Delivery of expected results for financial, HSE, client satisfaction, budget and schedule performance.
- Serving as prime point of contact between the client and company, building strong working relationships.
- Build and sustain project delivery teams across multiple locations / timezones.
- Support in the pursuit of new work (client meetings, presentations and proposal work).
- Assuring project execution is in accordance with policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- Management of project risk to avoid delays or reputational damage.
- Accountability for project financial performance
- Reporting of project status / forecast
- Identification of resource requirements and co-ordination with resource managers
- Delivering single projects or a broader portfolio including across multiple clients
- Planning project execution and maintaining the plan as necessary and assures adherence to the plan. Keeps the client and company advised of project status.
- Train, develop & mentor the next generation of LNG Project professionals.
Key attributes / skills / experience:
- Excellent awareness of environmental and sustainability issues, particularly with respect to the LNG supply chain and opportunities for decarbonisation.
- Track record of shaping delivery teams
- Knowledge and experience of Air Products C3MR process and preferably multiple other LNG process technologies / licensors
- Senior professional with strong personal drive and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and lead a broad team, located across multiple projects
- Experience of working with construction subcontractors, including pre-enquiry engagement, enquiry, evaluation, commitment, and execution management.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Track record of project delivery in a range of global locations
- Demonstrable flexibility and ability to adapt to changing project-related priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work within required deadlines
- Reporting and tracking of progress and key technical concerns
- Management of progress against schedule, including Earned Value reporting
- Implementing technical corrective actions as necessary (lessons learned)
- Ensure focus on internal changes as well as change to scope
- Contract administration including change orders / contract amendments / risk management
- Ability to works things through with clients to resolve issues, including conflicting demands, sensitive situations, and conflicts with other groups.
- Abides by the Code of Business Conduct and business ethics.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering and possession of a Professional Engineering qualification and / or project management qualification (for example PMP or AMP)
- Engagement and influencing skills, with the ability to gain the confidence of senior and executive management as well as multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural peers/subordinates.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.