Principal Instrument & Control Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with, and supports Project Managers and Discipline managers to determine scope, cost, complexity and planning and scheduling requirements of projects.
- Estimates work hours needed to generate project deliverables and support the design team.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, consistency, timeliness and completeness of overall work to company I&C engineering principles; compliance with established standards, procedures, codes and ordinances; adherence to project schedules; and provides adequate training, technical and administrative guidance and instruction to personnel within the discipline.
- Plans and schedules work for the project support staff allocated for the project, within the I&C discipline to ensure the proper and effective distribution of assignments and manpower as well as space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Develops the preliminary and final stage I&C, design deliverables including contributing to P&IDs (AutoCAD, Smart P&IDs), Instrument List, Instrument Specifications and Instrument Data Sheets.
- Assists with design development for DCS, PLC and SCADA based process control systems for clients and projects.
- Supports 3-D model development indicating location of all instruments.
- Evaluates and selects instrument, control valve and analyser solutions. Reviews vendor documentation for compliance to project and process specifications.
- Supports field activities, including on-site surveys and equipment walk downs as required.
- Develops the design of process control and automation systems in compliance with industry standards and customer requirements.
- Collaborates with client counterpart to develop control systems concepts, architectures and control platforms as applied to the client project.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Works with end users and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) to coordinate application of automation products.
- Performs automation related job functions as assigned, including, I/O lists, Instrumentation lists and the specification of instrumentation and control element.
- Supports risk assessments, including SIL, LOPA and HAZOP.
- Assists in developing the safety requirement specification (SRS), working knowledge of IEC 61508 & IEC61511
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.