Petroplan are pleased to be recruiting for a number of Project Management positions for a well-respected EPC client of ours within the Oil & Gas industry.
Due to new project wins there are opportunities across a wide range of projects including carbon capture, biorefinery, hydrogen, refinery, petrochemicals, gas processing, LNG and upstream oil and gas (on and offshore).
Based in Surrey, reporting to the Director of Projects for the region the candidate will have the primary responsibility for the technical delivery of one or more projects across pre-FEED, FEED and detailed design.
The qualified candidate will have prior experience across one or more of the product lines outlined above with the capability to support projects from initial pursuit to closeout.
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable DOE plus benefits
Key responsibilities to include:
- Assuring safe project execution to the client's satisfaction, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements while maintaining bottom line responsibility for financial success.
- Delivery of expected results for financial, HSE, client satisfaction, budget and schedule performance.
- Serving as prime point of contact between the client and company, building strong working relationships.
- Serving as a proposal manager on pursuits, gaining executive approvals where required, through to final contractual negotiations.
- Assuring project execution is in accordance with policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- Management of project risk to avoid delays or reputational damage.
- Accountability for project financial performance
- Reporting of project status / forecast
- Delivering projects as sole project manager or as part of a larger delivery team
- Planning project execution and maintaining the plan as necessary and assures adherence to the plan. Keeps the client and company advised of project status.
- Train, develop & mentor the next generation of Project Managers
Key Attributes / skills:
- Senior professional with strong personal drive and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills. Collaborates well in a team environment
- Track record of project delivery in Europe (strong preference), Middle East or Africa.
- Demonstratable flexibility and ability to adapt to changing project-related priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work within required deadlines.
- Ability to works things through with clients to resolve issues, including conflicting demands, sensitive situations, and conflicts with other groups.
- Abides by the companies Code of Business Conduct and business ethics.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering and possession of a Professional Engineering qualification and / or project management qualification (for example PMP or AMP).
- Engagement and influencing skills, with the ability to gain the confidence of senior and executive management as well as multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural peers/subordinates.
- Excellent awareness of environmental and sustainability issues.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.