- Experience of offshore, FPSO and MEGA project contracts and procurement.
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods, services and supplies.
- Takes responsibility for purchases in support of customer-related business processes or for internal use.
- Discusses defects and delivery problems with suppliers, and is responsible for negotiating refunds.
- Coordinates with operations, maintenance, warehouse and engineering to ensure proper scheduling and movement of goods and supplies.
- Manages the Procurement team to develop a more strategic Procurement approach.
- Ensure efficient and effective procurement processes that meet all legal, technical and commercial factors within a stringent regulatory framework. Drive value for money through the procurement of goods, services and works.
- Co-ordination of procurement activities, ensuring effective support is provided to the business.
- Review and develop Procurement processes and procedures, ensuring any proposed changes are properly reviewed by relevant stakeholders, appropriately communicated to the business, and implemented effectively.
- Work with other departments to develop appropriate contracting strategies for different types of work ensuring the business is protected.
- Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of a degree and 15 years of experience.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.