Senior CAD Designer (Mechanical)
Permeant Staff Position
As our Senior Mechanical Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Coordination of workload to meet schedule, quality, and budget requirements together with timely reporting on status and progress for themselves and for members of their team who may be in the UK or overseas.
- Acting as lead designer on major projects or several small projects. Responsible for the work of less experienced designers working on their project.
- Collaborating closely with other engineering functions and coordinating multi-functional reviews of designs.
- Liaising with other design sections and process to agree interface details on manufacturing drawings. Take the initiative in resolving interface problems.
- Liaising with manufacturing & vessel engineers to agree design details and manufacturing methods etc.
- Controlling the design work hours incurred on projects that are their responsibility, anticipate workforce requirements and highlight scope and design
- Reviewing manufacturing drawings using established check lists where available and supervise drawing reviews carried out by less experienced designers.
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in the use of Bentley MicroStation would be an advantage, however, other CAD experience will be considered.
- Must be aware pressure vessel and regional design codes (ASME, PED, CE Marking, UKCA)
- Experience with equipment in cryogenic service is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience producing equipment setting plans, general arrangement drawings and detailed fabrication drawings.
- Working understanding and use of business management systems and the document lifecycle typical of an engineering organisation.
- A demonstrable understanding of cross-functional interfaces and overcoming the associated challenges in an engineering/design environment for process facilities.
- Experience leading or supervising other designers both in the UK and overseas.
- Well-organised and enthusiastic with a sound mechanical engineering background.
- Highly competent written and spoken communication and able to use a range of standard software such as MS Word and MS Excel.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.