Position: Senior Logistics Coordinator
Location: London/Surrey - Remote
Overview: This is a contract position (12 months) for a Senior Logistics Coordinator to work within Supply Chain Management department supporting ongoing Tenders & Projects. Position will likely be outside of IR35 subject to final status determination.
- Develop Logistics cost models.
- Cost Model covering Transportation Plan detailing all material and equipment to be shipped in support of the Project and providing associated budget and cost allocation.
- Cost Model covering In Country Logistics activities in line with Project Operational planning and schedule. Cost model will cover port calls, shore bases, port and handling, personnel movements, in country freight forwarding and import duty and tax assessment.
- Costing will be developed by issuing RFQs to Logistics providers who can support the Logistics activities and dealing with personnel in the region where the work will be executed.
- As required, issuance of documents and procedures to support tender deliverable related to SCM Logistics.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders in relation to the tendering activities.
- Support shipment of material and equipment from global locations to nominated project worksites.
- Manage each shipping file including issuance of work orders, commercial invoices, verification of shipping documents and supplier invoices.
- Ensure all services are performed by nominated subcontractors as per the work orders.
- Ensure all tools and systems are updated with shipping status and relevant documentation.
- Support Project with shipping and transportation planning, solutions and cost analysis
- Effective communication with Project stakeholders and subcontractors.
- Ensure regular communication with Logistics personnel in the region where project is executed.
- Compliance with customs and local laws at origin and destination locations.
- Promote HSE within SCM and ensure all Logistics activities are properly assessed and performed in safe manner.
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with company standards.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- Relevant experience of Logistics on large Projects.
- Experience working on site supporting large Projects.
- Good time management skills and ability to balance responsibilities.
- Good communications skills.
- Able to work in a time-sensitive situation and tight deadlines.
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP Software
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.