We are looking for an Electrical Technical Authority for a large oil a gas client in Switzerland. The role will be to guide the project through pre-commissioning, commissioning and operations. The Electrical specialist shall provide oversight for contracts with vendors/suppliers of back-up electrical power generation/distribution units and associated systems.
- Assuring that all Electrical activities during the pre-commissioning, commissioning and operations readiness phases through to steady state operations and beyond meet company requirements
- Act as the Technical Authority for all electrical facilities including but not limited to Grid Connections (20kV or 15 kV), Overhead Power lines, Medium and Low Voltage Switchgear, transformers, 400V AC Systems (main power); UPS (230V Single Phase, 110V DC & 24V DC), earthing & lightning protection, diesel generators, emergency lighting and electrical connections to all process equipment
- Review project documentation including SLD's, electrical load lists, specifications, cable drawings, load calculations, HAZIDs, HAZOPs. Ensure full and adequate documentation is available and of the requisite standard prior to entering operations
- Review the EPC Contractor's site electrical pre-commissioning, commissioning and testing procedures ensuring that they fulfil the Project's quality and performance needs. In accordance with the project schedule, inspect, verify and witness Contractor and Vendor activities as necessary. Highlight any areas of concern
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) of all Electrical equipment as required
- Oversee the development of Operations phase electrical safety test procedures. Ensure that test procedures are validated, achievable and accurately reflected in site procedures and work instructions
- Support the development and award of long term power supply agreements. Provisionally assume the role of Company Contract Owner and provide oversight to the country teams in the management of the contract
- Develop, implement and manage the key quality and integrity processes required to ensure that the Electrical systems are maintained and operated safely to support the company's production availability and throughput targets.
- Provides electrical power control and distribution system conformance assurance
- Contribute to the hierarchy and taxonomy of electrical equipment in the Maintenance Master Equipment List. Sign off electrical maintenance strategies
- Support the definition of annual and multi-year inspection, testing and maintenance plans for the asset electrical systems.
- Contribute to the asset warehousing, inventory, sparing, and logistics strategies for electrical equipment
- Oversight responsibility for ensuring all electrical equipment located in hazardous areas have correct 'ex' rating for the correct hazardous zone and are installed and maintained in accordance with current procedures and standards.
- Technical reviewer and authoriser for safety critical deferrals for electrical equipment
- Audit the quality of electrical work carried out by the contractor
- Define Safe Electrical Isolation practices to be incorporated in Company Procedures and the Permit to Work Systems
- Sign off complex electrical isolation method statements where required
- Technical reviewer and authoriser in management of change activities, ensuring that the electrical equipment within technical remit is not compromised by physical, procedural or organisational changes
- Champion the effective deployment of new technologies including thermography
- Provide support to peer Technical Authorities in assessing the performance of transformer rectifiers, CP Systems, Control Systems and Rotating Equipment
- Work closely with asset O&M engineers, instrumentation and control technicians, electrical technicians and power generation/distribution systems manufacturers to maximise equipment reliability and availability
- 10-12 years' supervisory/frontline Electrical Power Generation and Distribution Good understanding of electrical safety, safe systems of work, electrical isolation control methods and job safety analysis
- Experience of performing a technical authority role or equivalent
- Recent and relevant experience in refinery/petrochemicals/energy industries in specifying, selecting, testing and handling design issues of Electrical systems in high value projects.
- Extensive experience in leadership or supervisory role for medium voltage power generation, and distribution systems
- Extensive experience of managing the maintenance of Hazardous area equipment, familiar with ATEX requirements
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30569