Our client is looking for a Technology Implementation Engineer in Fort McMurray, AB.
This is a contract position starting March 2020 - December 2020.
Rate: $46 - 57 per hour as an Incorporated contractor.
Schedule: 5x2 - 40 hrs/wk
Experience and Education
- 10 years of relevant experience in operations, maintenance, project management or engineering is required; some technology focus in previous experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline, and/or extensive experience in technology development and project management
- Strong technology mindset with demonstrable project experience preferred
- Experience and familiarity with design thinking process, lean and agile software delivery teams would be an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Deep understanding of how work is performed in the industrial environment, combined with the ability to define new ways of working
- Must be able to engage and influence personnel at multiple levels of the organization, within the mining business area and functional supporting groups (BUP, D&ET) from VP/GM/Director level to front line workers
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders and understand the link of supporting operations, to strategy and articulate how digital technology advancements will deliver value
- Ability to lead through influence and work effectively with a wide range of teams
- Effectively translate business language into operation language then to bridge the gap between business and operations stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with the ability to partner with resources both internal and external
- Ability to tie together many pieces of work for optimization including sustainment, enhancements, next generation, continuous improvement
- Reporting to the Specialist, Technology Implementation - Mining, the Technology Implementation Engineer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of digital technology in the Mine, as well as addressing the current gaps in technology deployment.
- This temporary contract role will handle a flux in workload to complete implementation of the mine wireless network and systems.
- This role will maintain roadmaps, schedules and stewardship on our overall digital plan and capital portfolio.
- It will be responsible to support the ADEM process associated with digital technology development, including creating problem definition documents, and being a member of integrated teams.
- Responsible to support the process associated with digital technology development, including creating problem definition documents, preparing decision notices, and being a member of integrated teams and supporting gate 1, 2 and 3 deliverables.
- Act as a translator between the mine business unit (understands the current mine digital infrastructure, mine plan, and how we do business) and the team implementing new technologies on our behalf (Business Unit Projects, Digital and Enterprise Technical)
- Develop, prepare and maintain roadmaps and schedules on our overall digital technology plan and portfolio as well as for specific project work.
- Prepare presentation material to support updates on the digital technology portfolio to the Mine Leadership team (including portfolio stewardship)
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business and technology stakeholders (internal and external)
- Work with the development Integration Lead to perform customer research to gain insight into the voice of the business and analyze the possible alternatives, capabilities and qualities that would be most beneficial to the business
- Monitor the support of the use of technology through close communication with the business and collaboration with internal stakeholders
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36813