At an intermediate level, performs complex financial accounting and reporting activities for al US entities. Researches, interprets and ensures compliance with various regulatory requirements and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Develops, prepares and reviews accounting reports and financial statements. This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills. Utilizes discretion and independent judgment to determine an appropriate approach within general parameters and some guidance from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Reviews and/or prepares reconciliations and other periodic analysis of accounts, procedures and department practices; provides alternative recommendations; performs cost/benefit analysis to determine the most cost-effective solution.
- Prepares moderately complex detailed schedules and work papers, journal entries and general ledger account and/or sub-ledger reconciliations and intercompany account reconciliations.
- Maintains the general ledger accounts.
- Performs sub-ledger system account maintenance. Ensures billing terms are in compliance with written contracts.
- Performs fluctuation analysis of financial statement variances, writes reports on findings and provides supporting documentation for conclusions reached. Prepares monthly financial statements and management reports. Prepares audited financial statements including footnotes.
- Researches and analyzes complex accounting rules and regulations and determines the applicability to the company. Recommends guidelines for implementation. Researches and monitors PUC and other regulatory rules and legislation; ensures compliance through timely organizational communication.
- Analyzes moderately complex business processes and solves problems identified and/or recommends changes to improve the process and/or internal controls.
- Develops policies and procedures related to functional areas of responsibility. Conducts initial internal control evaluations. Implements approved process and control improvements and monitors results. Provides training and guidance to other Accountants and administrative staff.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Bachelor's degree in business or economics with 18 or more college credit accounting hours including intermediate accounting plus two or more years' experience in accounting. Up to 6 college credit hours in technical, business acumen may substitute for accounting hours.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34143