Location: Houston, TX
This position will support the Midstream team based in Houston. The role will cover a variety of activities from the monthly close, forecast and reporting cycles of the Midstream companies, analytical research, data mining, to implementing processes to support the growing Midstream segment. Operating at a significantly lower level of materiality, the Midstream has a custom built control environment which this role plays a key part in control review and breach investigations. The position will be responsible for helping ensure the integrity of the financial transactions in the Midstream companies.
- Month End Close: Duties include expense accruals for HQ cost centers, monthly review of trial balance account balances for all segment level entities, coordinating quarterly pre-close meetings, monthly checklists, Sales and Use tax adjustments, segment wide manual journal reviews, capex accrual validation and testing in support of the Midstream control environment.
- Management reporting; Utilizing excellent Excel skills, support management reporting requirements with creation of new reports, tables and charts, refine and adjust existing reports, primarily from HPS/HFM.
- Analytical Reporting: Building reports in Excel which are clear, accurate, and understandable to present to management in response to adhoc analytical requests.
- Audit Liaison: Key support role for E&Y with the data collection, review and validation of information they require for the annual audit and quarterly reviews of the Midstream entities. Specifically being able to extract SAP data to resolve often complex transactional queries..
- Midstream P2P support: Help with raising POs, tracking expenditure against POs, urgent invoice issue resolution. Query resolution for GRIR, validating GSC accounting solutions for accuracy and compliance with our JV requirements.
- Forecast: Responsible for Midstream Revenue forecast loads and reconciliation, support Midstream planner and Revenue accounting in reconciling various data points to ensure critical accuracy is a key Midstream metric.
- Analytical expert; provide analytical research to support Midstream management on any variety of queries, extracting data from SAP / HFM / HPS / Business Objects / CATS / etc. Excellent excel skills including pivot tables.
- Other business support duties include support for AFE and Work Order creation and spend monitoring, Assurenet reconciliations, and any adhoc requests.
- Budget: annual budget support and data collection, upload to Hyperion and management reporting.
- Midstream Controls: Lead for RCA (root cause analysis) investigations including '5 Whys' analysis and 'Bowtie' analysis.
- Project support: Midstream continues to evaluate growth opportunities. Finance is a key member of the project team developing the processes to implement these opportunities. This position will be required to help support project deliverables.
- Strong SAP systems skills including data mining in FI, Fixed Asset, and PO modules is essential.
- Ability to analyze SAP transactional data quickly
- Hyperion modules experience preferred
- Report writing skills
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Ability to work independently
- Task oriented, team player, with good communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Proficient SAP and Hyperion user
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business Administration field required.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35481