Assistant Corporate Controller
Location: Houston, TX
Responsible for the leadership of the overall Corporate Accounting function including both internal management reporting and external reporting. The role interacts significantly with independent auditors, outside legal counsel, actuaries, and other advisors critical to the preparation of public filings of financial statements, resolution of accounting issues, internal control matters and related information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Daily Operations. Directing the preparation of all internal and external reporting including monthly, quarterly and annual financial information and statements
- Reporting Standards. Supporting the Accounting Policy & Internal Controls team with accounting research and recommendations related to technical accounting issues to maintain reporting standards consistent with US GAAP and SEC guidelines and requirements, including development of white papers to support the Company's position on all significant matters.
- Accounting Management. Overseeing financial systems that support all reporting processes, consolidation process and cost allocations and General Ledger close process, coordinating the preparation of public filings and coordinating the preparation and distribution of all internal financial reporting and analysis.
- Corporate Accounting. Oversee all areas of corporate accounting including employee benefits accounting, debt, equity, share-based compensation, intercompany, allocations, contingent liabilities, cash, etc.
- Leadership Development. Developing personnel within the group to assume other leadership positions in accounting and finance and deepen functional bench strength in financial accounting and reporting issues.
- Sarbanes- Oxley Compliance. Monitoring compliance with appropriate accounting principles, practices, controls and processes to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting. Supporting the financial planning, analysis functions including as it relates to efforts associated with the organization's monthly and quarterly internal and public reporting, forecasting and budgeting as needed.
- Management. Overseeing a team of 10-12 accounting professionals, including 2 direct reports, in all aspects of people management including managing performance, high involvement in recruitment and employee development.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline is required.
- Master's degree in Accounting or related discipline is preferred.
- 10 years accounting experience with an emphasis on public financial reporting required.
- Public accounting experience required.
Certificates & Licenses:
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Proficiency with ERP systems (such as JD Edwards) preferred.
- Experience with implementation of reporting or other software applications a plus.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office, with emphasis on Excel is required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential for the successful execution of responsibilities in this role. The ability to effectively communicate recommendations as to actions required to ensure compliance and engage organization support for what is needed is essential for success. Once must also have the ability to work effectively with senior management in all areas of the company, as well as the Board of Directors. One must possess polished presentation skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33697