The Cost Engineer will provide the Project leadership team with complete analytical support for cost reporting, forecasting, budget reconciliation and performance measures of the project.
- Provide project control support to the Project Leadership team which may include cost reporting, cost reconciliation, change management, project status reports and various other project related activities
- Review cost estimates for all aspects of the project providing direction to external service providers as required to ensure complete and robust estimates in accordance with project cost coding and management requirements
- Analyze financial information and recognize variances, trends, and irregularities and understand the causes/driver
- Establish and execute controls to proactively support, monitor and communicate budgets, actuals and forecast
- Recast Budgets as required during the execution phase of capital project for proper reporting
- Report and analyze project progress using an earned value basis
- Collect data, inputs, update and produce standard management reports, Actual vs. Budget and /or forecast
- Create and customize project control tools/systems to meet specific project reporting requirements
- Research unexpected items and resolve inaccuracies
- Demonstrate attention to details with a focus on accuracy, completeness and meeting deadlines and commitments
- Work with the Project Team to ensure that the timelines and/or objectives of the project are met
- Ensure ongoing improvement through evaluation of current processes
- Supports the consistency for reporting based on the established WBS Code of Accounts
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Related degree qualification an asset (Construction/Accounting/Finance/ Engineering)
- 8 to 15 years' experience in a similar role of EPC TIC Cost Analyst on major capital projects ( $50 MM)
- Proficient in extracting data into Excel and using graphs, formulas, pivot tables, etc. for reporting and trend analysis
- Knowledge of commercial contracts, how to apply terms to selective material and subcontractor invoice auditing
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data for commitments, direct actuals and forecast cost to go
- Ability to deal with technical and non-technical persons and explain technical concepts and analysis in simple terms
- Ability to communicate with a range of people - both internally across all levels, and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build positive partnerships
Ability to multi-task, and manage multiple priorities in a high paced and change-constant environment
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH36977