Location: Houston, TX
Level of Work
Individual performs production and revenue accounting functions and assists in generating business improvements within assigned area with general supervision.
- Exhibits integrity by being widely trusted and admits mistakes. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual. Follows through on commitments.
- Understands how their job adds value and impacts Marathon's performance. Is optimistic. Is results-driven.
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude and expects the same from others. Pursues everything with energy, drive and perseverance.
- Continually strives for excellence by maintaining and improving professional and technical skills. Actively seeks to share knowledge and insights that promote learning.
- Communicates openly and is good at focused listening. Provides timely and relevant information. Offers alternatives to "the way it's always been done".
- Willing to be held accountable. Shares credit when things go right and doesn't blame others when things go wrong.
- Sees change as an opportunity. Learns from mistakes and shares this information freely. Remains focused in the face of changing circumstances and relationships.
- Has a passion for seeking creative and innovative solutions to improve the business. Pushes self and influences others for results. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is called for.
- Is a Team Player and fully supports team decisions. Earns and gives respect at all levels in the company. Is reliable; can be counted on for quality and timely work.
Essential Job Functions
- Under general supervision, applies the principles, theories and concepts of production and revenue accounting to assignments.
- Continues to develop, broaden and utilize technical skills by seeking direction from more senior professionals and by attending appropriate training sessions.
- Focuses a large portion of effort on data entry and learning with some time spent on analysis and problem-solving.
- Demonstrates initiative in seeking additional responsibility and gaining knowledge beyond core responsibilities, e.g., striving to understand the "big picture".
- May assist in developing and promoting sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- May function as a project leader on less complex projects.
- May assist with the training and mentoring of less experienced staff.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Records revenue oil and gas bookings for assigned area of responsibility accurately and timely.
- Understands the field setup and flow in order to book accurate entries.
- Maintains accounts receivable balances and actively works outstanding balances.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconcilements.
- Provides data for audit, litigation and acquisition and disposition issues and requests.
- Works with Division Orders on requests.
- Timely processes PPAs (i.e. DO Analytic Report, etc.).
- Provides variance explanations for the Earnings and Check Write Variance reports.
- Sets up new wells.
- Responds to Owner Inquiries within the agreed upon time.
- Clears suspended cash entries.
- Books COOP/OBO revenue accruals.
- Provides analysis and commentary for Balance Sheet and Profit Letter meetings.
- Performs monthly Gas Balancing functions.
- Calculates Gas Balancing settlements.
- Special projects.
- Other duties assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA and Microsoft Office applications a plus.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35409