Tax & Royalty Accountant
Location: Houston, TX
Essential Job Functions:
- Under general supervision, applies the principles, theories and concepts of production and revenue accounting to assignments.
- Continues to develop, broaden and utilize technical skills by seeking direction from more senior professionals and by attending appropriate training sessions.
- Focuses a large portion of effort on data entry and learning with some time spent on analysis and problem-solving.
- Demonstrates initiative in seeking additional responsibility and gaining knowledge beyond core responsibilities, e.g., striving to understand the "big picture".
- May assist in developing and promoting sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- May function as a project leader on less complex projects.
- May assist with the training and mentoring of less experienced staff.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Understands and stays abreast of tax and royalty regulations.
- Records, pays and files tax and royalty reports.
- Prepares accruals.
- Prepares master data/lease master setups.
- Clears tax and royalty errors and rejects.
- Prepares MJEs and write-off entries.
- Monitors and tracks tax incentives.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconcilements.
- Assists with audit and litigation requests.
- Assists with acquisition and divestiture requests.
- Prepares analysis and commentary for Balance Sheet meetings.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the tax and royalty regulatory agencies.
- Special projects.
- Other duties assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Guidelines:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA and Microsoft Office applications a plus.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35488