Petroplan is currently hiring for a Contracts Advisor for a major Oil and Gas Company in Houston, TX with relocation to Saudi Arabia.
The Contracts Advisor primary role is to serve as the Contract Proponent representative in the development and administration of contracts in assigned organization. In addition, the Contracts Advisor provides contractual expertise necessary to develop, maintain and administer various contracts and amendments simultaneously. Provides input on related contract actions (i.e., actions required to administer, extend, renew, and terminate the contracts). The value of individual contracts developed by an incumbent is between $500,000 and up to $100 million.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction/Project Management or closely related fields. An advanced degree is acceptable.
- Mnimum Five (5) years' experience in Contracts Administration, contracting techniques and must be familiar with contracting strategies with three (3) years in related to Construction work in commercial, light industrial, institutional, residential development projects and or multifamily residential projects. International experience highly desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of financial studies that establish feasibilities for contract type services and evaluation of alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural/administrative.
- Develop, in conjunction with Contracting professional, analysis and technical qualification of bidders.
- Support in the development of the scope of work for various contract services.
- Develop contracts status reports for executive management.
- Participate as the contract proponent representative on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic Company position on contract terms and the negotiation of these terms.
- Assist in the preparation of professional analysis or development of bid responses, negotiation offers and counter offers.
- Assist in the preparation of verifications of contractor cost and escalation or de-escalation amendments.
- Forms part of negotiating team, comprised of Contracting and contract proponent representatives. Prepares responses and helps to represent applicable proponent on Claim Review Panels.
- Provide or assist in the provision for proponent representation in the administration of contracts and participate in the development of financial and technical advice, intent of contract language, scopes of service or other clauses that may impact cost and cost/benefit relationships.
- Support in providing justifications and recommendations for changes in contracting procedure or contract format for management approval.
- Perform periodic examination of Contract Administration in the field in order to locate shortcomings or potential problems in the administrative procedures or contract terms and conditions.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30563