Location: Houston, TX
This position will be responsible for supporting the Treasury Department for key day to day functions of the cash management operations of the company. This role will also provide key analytical support and other financial performance metrics to the Treasurer and other functions. Planning and implementation of cash management projects as well as bank account, compliance and daily cash management, cash forecasting, and information requests are some of the essential functions.
- Perform cash management day to day activities including wire transfers, exception processing including positive pay, returns and deposit items and daily cash position reporting and updates for management
- Manage and reconcile daily and 13 week cash positions and analyze variances in cash availability / forecasts and seek ways to improve projections
- Administration and preparation of financial and operational compliance requirements
- Review account analysis and resolve any fee discrepancies and provide solutions for cost savings
- Assist with implementation of process improvements in cash management and other treasury initiatives
- Provides oversight of the company's treasury accounting process and controls and adhering to policies and procedures
- Complete ad-hoc assignments, including projects that are outside of treasury
- Broad understanding of banking services, standards, best practices, clearing systems and payment technologies
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Accounting with 5 years related experience. CTP credential is highly preferred
- Must have a level of proficiency with internet, Email and Microsoft Office programs. Highly skilled in advanced Excel functionality
- Experience utilizing banking platforms, treasury management or other financial systems preferred
- SAP experience required and industry experience preferred
- Project / structured financing experience preferred; knowledge of private equity financing experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills are needed to effectively communicate (written/verbal) with internal and external financial and accounting personnel and external vendors / banks
- Attention to detail and accuracy, multi-tasking and ability to prioritize, organize, effectively manage time and work independently with little direction and oversight to meet deadlines
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH35444