The Principal LNG Market Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing market supply and demand trends, developing forecasts, and effectively provide insight to inform and support activities and commercial decisions. This includes conducting research, collecting data, monitoring media sources, synthesizing and disseminating information, as well as maintaining databases. This position will also assist with business development activities, strategic planning, and corporate networking. This position will be expected to present at industry conferences, develop & present marketing, strategy and other corporate materials to external partners including presenting at industry conferences and internally.
- Primarily responsible for evaluating global market entry opportunities, identifying commercial risks related to LNG, and supporting development team with analysis of potential buyers & emerging competitors.
- Manage 3rd party information services; liaison with consultants to initiate workshops, case studies and retainer services. Negotiate and execute contracts for services. Review consultants? research and maintain relationships for future business.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret data and extract useful information that help in understanding supply and demand, market issues and assessing upcoming trends
- Gather and analyze complex datasets and markets, specific to all elements of the gas and LNG markets and its participants, drawing out key trends and insights, as well as economic and business rationales for decisions based on fundamental analysis.
- Regularly compose presentations, reports, databases and memos for delivery to senior management, institutional investors & investment bank analysts, and regulatory agencies.
- Compose company & country profiles detailing potential LNG demand, corporate or macroeconomic indicators, regulatory framework, personnel, asset portfolio map, gas portfolio, and business opportunities and effectively review and present results to commercial development team and senior management.
- Maintain & disseminate databases related to global liquefaction project landscape, commercial deals, and commodity prices.
- Lead & coordinate distribution of monthly memo detailing commercial events and other LNG market indicators relevant to company?s businesses and support Director, Events in organizing conferences and events.
- Develop models for global LNG retainer service
Qualifications / Experience
Minimum Required: 4-8 years of experience in the gas industry, specifically related to global LNG markets.
Preferred Level: 10 years of experience, specifically related to global LNG markets.
- The candidate must have a broad understanding of the global LNG, natural gas, power, and LNG Shipping markets, trade flows, value drivers and commercial structures.
- Ability to develop supply-demand gap forecasts for existing and potential LNG markets
- Knowledge of key drivers that impact global and regional LNG and gas market balances, including pricing dynamics, shipping upstream and/or downstream constraints in LNG
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30170