Our client, a mid-sized operator within the Oil & Gas Industry, have a need for an experienced Construction Director to aid with the development and construction of a large scale Project in Canada.
The role will be initially based in Houston, TX during the development/design phase before transitioning to the Project Site in Canada once Project Execution commences
This role will be an integral part of the Snr Leadership Team and will be at the forefront of the development and execution of a Major Petro-Chemical facility.
This senior level position requires the individual must be competent in construction of large infrastructure projects in Canada, with preference being given for LNG experience. The candidate must have strategic decision making skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Overall responsibility for safe on- time completion of construction of LNG Plant and associated facilities
- Leadership and performance of the owners' construction team
- Recruitment of resources to support construction organization during project
- Ensure International standards and best practices are adopted as part of civil and marine delivery
- Manage and coordinate progress, quality and deliverables
- Establish Plans/ Schedules and Milestones
- Liaise and coordinate with EPC contractor during site activities
- Lead the site civil and marine inputs during Site Construction
- Support the delivery and handover of plant and facilities to Client Operations
- Ensure LNG Plant and facilities meets design expectations of Client
- Interface with Commercial and Client for effective outcome
- Providing practical project knowledge into overall execution strategy including contracting strategy, execution planning and project execution
- Excellent communication, managerial and organizational skills
- Motivated, determined, mature, problem solver, highly proactive; resilient, business-minded team leader
Experience / Education
- Recognized Engineering qualification (Degree preferred), with extensive project development skills
- Highly skilled in construction management and leadership
- 25 years proven experience managing complex and large scale EPC projects (500 million plus), preferably LNG and/or gas projects
- Knowledge of Canadian Project execution unique requirements
- Specific experience managing lump sum EPC projects
- Technically and commercially skilled including management of major assets
- Possesses a general understanding of contract administration, business principals and business law
- Self- starter with proven history of delivery of on time on cost
- Proven history of management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop reports and presentations for senior management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environments.
- Worked on owner teams and managing contractors/subcontractors
- Sound experience in the role in multinational companies, operating in the construction field, Oil and Gas projects
- Excellent background on the techniques related to construction and contracts for complex projects including Planning, scheduling and execution of activities
- Strong in cost control/optimization and management processes
- Timely intervention and reporting of issues and risks to Project Director
- 100% compliance with company HSSE policies and guidelines
- Lead and establish HSSE international best practices for the project
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to influence overall HSSE behavior
- Supports and inputs to HSSE risk register and mitigation processes
- BC and Canadian construction standards, codes and regulatory requirements
- Unionized and non- unionized construction management
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30718