Petroplan are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to work for one of our clients, a mid-sized operator within the petro-chem industry. The role will initially be based in Houston but require to transfer to the Project Site in Louisiana (near Baton Rouge) in mid-2019
The Construction Manager is responsible for the management and direction of the construction activities of the project, establishing and managing the Owner's construction organization and provide direction to Contractors used for the FEED and Construction phases of the project
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Establishment of an Owner's construction organization to ensure EPC Contractors meets the Clients project and Responsible Care requirements.
- Participate in the development of the Project scope, and conceptual design for the Project in conjunction with other Project Management Team members. Insure effective implementation of a Constructability review process
- Participate in the bidding process and the selection of all Contractors and Sub-Contractors required for the completion of the construction aspects of the Project.
- Manage all aspects of Construction Management within the Project, including Responsible Care & Quality, staffing, budgets, schedules, changes to scope of supply, pre-commissioning, and turnover to commissioning & start up.
- Review and approve all site construction project specifications and technical standards. Ensuring fulfillment of the approved policies, procedures and standards that will regulate the construction activities of the Project.
- Work closely with the EPC Construction Management Team on all necessary construction details, procedures, schedules, and resources as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the major EPC contractor and Engineering Consultants.
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 15 years within the Petrochemical or related Industry.
- Must have construction management experience, as well as management experience within operating plants.
- A strong technical background in plant operations is preferred.
- A strong understanding of the Responsible Care and Quality concepts.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in Contract Administration and budgeting controls.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of standards and procedures and industry best practice.
- Flexible to operate in both EPC and Owner's side.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33427