Petroplan are seeking a number of experienced Electrical Engineers for various petro-chem and LNG clients in the Gulf Coast region of the United States.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for providing technical and daily operations support, as well as troubleshooting processes. This position recommends, develops, and implements improvements to streamline and advance practices.
- Develop Electrical deliverables for all phases of a project including: conceptual design, preliminary design, and detailed design.
- Develop the design of medium and low voltage facility power distribution systems from the electric utility interface point.
- Develop the design of miscellaneous Electrical systems such as lighting, grounding, electrical heat tracing, fire alarm, public address, security, card access, etc.
- Develop typical Electrical engineering and design drawings such as: single line diagrams; power, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, and other systems plans; electrical area classification plans; electrical equipment arrangement plans; cable tray layout plans and sections; conduit and cable schedules; motor control schematics.
- Participate in the development of Electrical engineering and design effort hour estimates, material takeoffs, and construction cost estimates.
- Participate in the development of Electrical construction bid packages.
- Participate in procurement activities associated with Electrical systems and equipment. Procurement activities include preparing technical data for inquiry packages, preparing technical bid evaluations, and review of vendor drawing and document submittal reviews.
- Perform construction administration activities such as contractor submittals review, respond to requests for information (RFI), site reviews, and inspections.
- Perform inspections of Electrical installations and Electrical equipment for conformance with engineering documents, equipment specifications, and safety standards.
Experience / Qualifications
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 10 years of Electrical Engineering experience with experience on petro-chem facilities
- Must have experience using AutoCAD for designs.
- PE License is preferred
- Working knowledge of NFPA, NEC, and applicable Electrical Codes as well as applicable Industry Codes and Standards (e.g. IEC, ANSI, IEEE, ISA).
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30020