Petroplan are seeking a number of experienced Civil Engineers for various petro-chem and LNG clients in the Gulf Coast region of the United States.
The Civil Engineer will support designs of concrete and steel structures for foundations, equipment, piping and building fabrication detailed design and construction..
Required to apply engineering techniques and analyses which may involve CAE/CAD applications.
- May function as discipline Project Engineer on medium to large projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the group.
- May plan, direct, and supervise the work of a major engineering unit or project requiring a large-scale expenditure of manpower and financial investment.
- Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Develops operation and maintenance plans; develops standard operating procedures; prepares O&M manuals and may conduct on-site training of personnel.
- Conducts surveys, studies, and site investigations.
- Performs reliability, availability, maintenance (RAM) and safety analyses.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist with other administrative and technical duties.
- Recommends and prepares technical papers.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree
- 10 years of experience in civil design of petro-chem facilities
- Experience of both greenfield / brownfield Projects desirable
- PE license preferred
- Proficient user of AutoCAD.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30022