Petroplan are seeking an experienced Fire & Safety Engineer for our client, a major EPC based in Downtown Houston. Candidates with a strong background in design of LNG Facilities are preferred.
This position provides project support and/or discipline support for various projects by researching, specifying, developing, designing, engineering and supporting construction of fire and gas detection and suppression systems. Individuals are expected to apply engineering principles, methods and techniques to the project assignments. The role will be heavily involved in the design of Downstream / LNG Facilities.
- Researches and analyzes data such as client design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Works with clients to develop a project's scope of work, estimates, and/or schedules.
- Reviews and approves project drawings, standards and specifications.
- Develops major equipment, material selection, and construction specifications.
- Reviews codes and client specifications.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Directs and coordinates construction, installation, fabrication and/or operational testing activities to ensure services, products and/or systems conform to engineering design and client criteria.
- Ensures that all assigned activities and operations comply with applicable codes, regulations and laws.
- Evaluates field installations and applies codes and client specifications to project design.
- Coordinates activities with other project disciplines involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation or repair of various materials, products or systems.
- Provides technical direction, support and information to other specialists, engineers, designers and drafters.
- Identifies changes to scope, estimates cost and schedule impacts; presents to project management for approval.
- Consistently demonstrates professional skills in structuring assigned activities, creativity, teamwork, communications, operational efficiencies, handling of a client's changing needs, decision making, and analyzing and solving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications
- Degree in Fire Protection Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the fire protection field, 10 years experience preferred.
- Experienced in PHAST and LNG Fire 3 modeling experience required
- EIT in Fire Protection, Licensed FPE preferred, Texas P. Eng. desirable.
- LNG Industry or petrochemical project experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Petro-Chem facilities - LNG experience a plus
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31389